Indicators show that older workers are more likely to be downsized, stay unemployed longer and drop out of the workforce at a greater rate.
If you are having trouble finding a job, we can help.
STEPS™ is a program tailored to assist older adults with individualized job training, job development and benefits counseling. Anyone over the age of 60 and within 200% of the federal poverty guideline is eligible to apply. STEPS™ is here to provide the older worker with the information, training and counseling needed to fully participate and thrive in the 21st Century job market.
STEPS can assist the older worker with:
- Development of a resume and interviewing skills
- Basic computer skills, online applications
- Referrals to job openings
- Ongoing support during job search
- Benefits screening (through AASCC’s CHOICES program)