Care Manager: Connecticut Home Care Program
Provide highest standard of care management to clients wishing to remain safely in their communities/homes.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Conduct assessments and reassessments of clients as assigned.
- Submit required documentation to DSS/ACU and internal DP/billing units in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain an accurate, current roster of clients.
- Coordinate home visits to clients at least every six months.
- Complete a 30-day update on clients as assigned.
- Participate in the process of assessing the discharge of clients from a hospital or nursing home in order to coordinate services.
- Develop client care plans.
- Assist client and/or caregiver with institutional placement, as needed.
- Initiate and participate in the conservator ship process of clients, when necessary.
- Mobilize and coordinate the efforts of family, friends and volunteers on behalf of clients.
- Arrange for and attend care conferences as indicated.
- Effect environmental changes in client’s existing residence and/or assist in change as indicated.
- Advocate on behalf of client and/or family in health related matters and for procurement or services and/or entitled benefits.
- Monitor and review continued appropriateness of care plan, making revisions where necessary, at established intervals and as otherwise indicated.
- Maintain complete documentation of client related activities according to documentation guidelines.
- Participate in on-call services as assigned.
- Participate in various program committees as assigned.
- After successful completion of the probationary period, this position is mandatory telecommuting with limited time required in the main office.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Social worker who is a graduate of a four year college or university; plus a minimum of two years experience in health care or human services. Or a Bachelor’s (B.S.) degree in nursing, health, social work, gerontology or related field plus one year of experience in a related field.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.