Care Manager: Connecticut Home Care Program
The Agency on Aging of South Central Connecticut (AOASCC) is an independent non-profit organization serving older adults, individuals with disabilities and caregivers in greater New Haven and the lower Valley.. We are professional, agile and our mission is to champion and serve older adults and individuals with disabilities so that they remain independent and engaged within their communities.
To learn more about our mission and vision, please visit our website at https://www.aoascc.org/
Our work environment includes:
- Monday-Friday Work Schedule
- Modern office setting
- Work-from-home days ( flexible after 6-8 months)
- On-the-job training
As a Care Manager in the Connecticut Home Care program, you will make a difference in the lives of older adults and individuals with disabilities by providing support, guidance, and coordination of the services they need to remain safely in their own homes in the community, avoiding unnecessary hospitalization or institutional placement.
Our Care Managers provide professional care coordination and goal-directed services to chronically ill, older adults, and persons with disabilities. We seek highly detailed, team-oriented professionals who can approach each case with a fresh perspective. The successful candidate for this position has a desire to help others, a passion for working in healthcare, and an ability to work autonomously.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Empower the client and client supporters to participate in the development of a plan of care.
- Educate the client regarding available resources and arrange for or refer to appropriate service providers.
- Advocate and facilitate for the client as needed to maintain maximum independence.
- Maintain documentation of activities and client contact and prepare required reports.
- Meet critical deadlines established by funding sources and internal procedures.
- Monitor the effectiveness of the care plan, and work with the client to adjust as needed.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: From $47,500.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.