Grant Writer – Part Time Consultant
The Agency on Aging of South Central Connecticut (AOASCC) is an independent non-profit organization serving older adults, individuals with disabilities and caregivers in greater New Haven and the lower Valley. Our mission is to empower adults to remain as independent and engaged as possible within their communities through services, advocacy, and information.
We continue to grow and develop direct service programs to reach more individuals in our community who need our support. We are seeking new sources of funding to support this growth – enabling us to offer new and innovative direct service programs.
Reporting to CEO, and working collaboratively with the senior management team, the Grant Writer is responsible for researching and identifying funding opportunities, writing grant proposals to foundations and other grant-making organizations, and coordinating any reporting specific to this funding.
- Identify grant funding opportunities.
- Write, submit and manage grant proposals, along with supporting documents.
- Respond to internal and external queries on drafted and submitted proposals.
- Maintain positive relationships with fund providers and other stakeholders.
- Maintain records and submit reports related to grant opportunities as required.
- Demonstrated experience in securing government, foundation, and private grants
- A minimum of five years-experience in grant writing.
- Strong research skills and knowledge of information sources.
- Experience working with health and human service agencies.
- Ability to handle confidential matters with utmost integrity.
Please send resume and cover letter to: Janiss Fowler firstname.lastname@example.org