Live Well Six-Week Workshop Series
Are you an adult with an ongoing health condition such as arthritis, high blood pressure, heart disease, diabetes or depression? Or do you care for someone who does? This workshop can help you be in control and feel better! You will learn:
- Practical ways to deal with pain and fatigue
- Better nutrition and exercise choices
- Better ways to talk to your doctor about your health
- Communication techniques to make your needs known
- How to make a step-by-step plan to improve your life!
Saturdays, Jan. 6–Feb. 10 from 1pm—2pm
Participants need a telephone to participate; Books and CD’s will be mailed out and are yours to keep!
Space is limited, so sign up today!
Sign Up Here
Live Well Six-Week Workshop Series is a nationally recognized program that educates consumers with ongoing health conditions like diabetes, depression, heart disease, arthritis, pain and anxiety or those caring for someone with an ongoing health condition about living with their illnesses. People who participate report feeling better and are better able to manage their diseases. Live Well Workshops consist of Chronic Disease Self-Management Workshop (CDSMP), Diabetes Self-Management Workshop (DSMP) and Tomando (CDSMP in Spanish).
For more information about Live Well upcoming workshops being offered call 203-785-8533 or visit the statewide website for leader trainings and upcoming workshops: http://cthealthyliving.org/
National Institute on Aging
- Research has shown that the benefits of exercise go beyond just physical wellbeing. Exercise helps support emotional and mental health. So next time you’re feeling down, anxious, or stressed, try to get up and start moving! Tip Sheet
- Visit their Website - Exercise for everyone, including balance exercises for fall prevention