As an independent non-profit, we need your financial support. Your donation, no matter how large or small, helps provide a broad array of services to older adults and individuals with disabilities in south central Connecticut.
Your gift may be applied to any of the following:
Making Homes Safe & Accessible
Most individuals want to remain in their own home for as long as possible, but, as we age, we often need help to stay safe and independent.
- $20 provides a round-trip ride to a medical appointment.
- $15 provides three hours of companionship services for an isolated senior.
15% of older adults face the threat of hunger in the US and most live above the poverty line. Providing a meal not only fights hunger, but provides a much needed social connection.
- $20 provides assistance for SNAP (Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program). The average monthly benefit is $119, so your $20 can potentially multiply to an annual $1,400 worth of groceries in a senior’s home.
Providing Emergency Assistance
We help our clients when they face unforeseen needs that are not covered by Medicare, Medicaid, private insurance or other programs.
- $200 can prevent an individual from running out of heating fuel during a severe cold spell.
- $100 provides a vacuum cleaner and cleaning supplies, supporting a healthy home environment.
- $50 provides new sheets and towels for a homebound senior.
About 34 million Americans are providing unpaid care to an adult age 50 or older, allowing them to continue to live in their own homes. We know the toll that this responsibility can take on an individuals’ stress, health, work and family.
- $100 provides five hours of respite services to a caregiver.
Other Ways to Support AOASCC
Consider partnering with us. Sponsorships, event tables and program booklet ads are all ways to support AOASCC through a specific event. Contact Jane Wisialowski at firstname.lastname@example.org about specific opportunities through: Centenarian Luncheon * Art of Aging * TEARS Elder Abuse Conference