Information about Community Resources
There are many programs available to assist you in living independently in the community. AOASCC counselors can assist you in navigating through the maze of information to find the programs that are right for you.
The Aging and Disability Resource Center (ADRC)
The ADRC provides accurate, impartial information about programs, services, health, economic, and social issues of importance to older adults, individuals with disabilities and caregivers.
- Medicare and Medicaid benefits, enrollment and claims problems.
- In-Home Assistance
- Social Services & Benefit Programs
- and more
- Through our contact form
- By calling 203-785-8533 and asking for the resource center.
AOASCC allocates Federal Older Americans Act (OAA) Title III funding to area non-profits and municipalities to support community-based and in-home services for older adults 60 and over. OAA funds are designed to ensure that our community has an array of home and community based services, including
- Homemaker Services
- Legal Services
- Home Delivered and Café Meals
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Support for Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
Click here for a current list of organizations receiving OAA funding through AOASCC.