Priority Service Grants
All public agencies, private non-profit or proprietary incorporated agencies serving any town within the twenty towns of South Central Connecticut are invited to apply for Title III funding for the fiscal year beginning October 1, 2020. Letters of Intent are due by January 31.
- Information and Instructions for LOI FY'21
- LOI Form - Returning Applicants
- LOI Form - New Applicants
Priority Service Grants are allocated once each year for the fiscal year that begins October 1 and ends September 30. Grants for programs providing in-home and community-based long-term care services are awarded in the following categories:
- Supportive Services (Title IIIB): Examples include transportation, information & assistance, outreach, case management, homemaker or chore services, legal service, adult day centers
- Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (Title IIID)
- Family Caregiver Support (Title IIIE)
Applying for funding Local agencies on aging are required to award a fixed percentage of Title III funding to support priority areas that are established through the Older Americans Act, Connecticut’s State Plan on Aging and the OAA’s Area Plan. In addition, the OAA prioritizes services to older adults with the greatest economic and social needs. See the section on the Older Americans Act and Title III funding for more information.
All public agencies, private non-profit or proprietary incorporated agencies serving towns within the twenty towns of south central Connecticut are invited to apply for Title III funding. Requests for Proposals are issued each January for the next fiscal year grant cycle starting October 1.
Applying for Funding
Request for Proposals for OAA Title III B, D, and E funding are posted in January of each year.