An Overview of Our Accomplishments
Here are some ways we impacted lives from October 2018-September 2019.
Support to Live at Home
- Care Managements services provided to 2,816 individuals. 271 individuals received services through self-directed services.
- 45 volunteers and professionals received CHOICES health insurance training.
- Assistance was provided to 6,783 callers:
- Education, either in person or through written materials, was provided to 75,000 individuals.
Assistance & Support for Those Caring for Loved Ones
- 1,059 family caregivers were assisted with information about community resources and benefits, respite care, and training.
- 289 family caregivers attended a national conference sponsored by AOASCC.
Opportunities for Staying Active & Healthy
- 373 works of art by 160 artists were displayed at the annual Art of Aging Exhibition
- 68 people participated in CDSMP and DSMP health management classes
- 324 volunteers provided 154,000 of service to older adults and children in the greater New Haven area.
Support for Professionals
- 659 individuals were provided education regarding elder abuse and fraud through the annual conference TEARS™.
- Interagency Council on Aging of South Central Connecticut, convened by AOASCC, provided education and networking opportunities for professionals from 35 organizations.